Saturday, August 20, 2011

Seventeen Months Old!

Wow! I can't believe it's been five months since your birthday, Matthew! Each month I look back at the month before and when I read about what you're up to, it seems like you've been doing all those things for so long!

So, at 17 months, here are some of your highlights ...

- You have started giving us kisses when we say "Matthew can I have a kiss?" or when we say "I Love You" you usually kiss us back. It is very sweet (and usually kind of wet & drooly) but we love them!

- You can now give high 5's! It's very cute and you are very proud of yourself!

- You continue to be very curious. You are liking looking at yourself in the mirror and are also very curious to see what little boy is looking back at you in the fireplace and our deck door. :)

- One of the cutest things I think ... One day I was winking at you while you were eating lunch and you just busted out laughing. You also tired to wink back but couldn't quite do it but you managed to scrunch up your little eyes and blink back at me a few times. It was adorable!

- You are also asserting your independence a little more. You usually don't like to be held too much other than when you're tired, but you prefer to hold someone's hand. Very sweet.

- You are helping us a little bit now when we are getting you dressed. You know when its' time to lift your head up and when to switch a toy or blanket from one hand to the other.

- Speaking of getting dressed, I know that you've had a few more growth spurts! We were looking through some fall clothes and we realized that all of your 12M pants are too short! You also hardly had any long sleeved shirts. So, we've had a few little shopping trips lately. :)

- No official words yet, but we know you are understanding a lot more commands. A few common ones are:
upstairs?
outside?
get your shoes
sit down & take shoes off
hungry?
bathtime?
You can also point to your ear, head, nose, mouth, and toes

- You are still quite the daredevil gross motor child. You can now climb on our chairs on the deck! And so proud of yourself! (picture below)

- You also love to spin in circles & walk backwards until you run into something.





You are such a joy, Matthew, and such a silly, fun boy to be around!

We Love You!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 17 months Matthew Allen! Can't wait to see you Monday - hope we have lots of fun! I love you much!!!

Grandpa H.
oxoxxoxo