
Wow! Twenty-Two months sounds so old, little guy! When people ask me how old you are I've been saying "he'll be 2 in March". I can hardly believe it! Here is a recap of what's new with our little man lately ...
- When we are hanging out or playing, you have started to come over and take our fingers and lead us where you want to go. It's very cute!
- After months and months and months of saying "no" to everything, you have finally started to nod "yes" and pretty reliably so!
- You have had a major growth spurt in the past couple of weeks! You can now climb onto any chair, ottoman, and couch in our house! You tend to just stretch out when you grow, so your pants get "bigger" in the waist, and shorter in length. Some of your 12-18 month pants are getting too short and your sleeves are getting a little too short too!
- You must have very good eyesight because you are always finding crumbs and tiny specs of things on the floor and giving them to me! Around the holidays you even found some glitter on the floor!
- You continue to like being entertained by our phones, which is sort of a bad habit. Your dad is "training" you to like the Minnesota Rouser, especially kids singing it or anything to do with Goldy Gopher! You have learned to wave your little fist with spelling M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A at the end of the song too. We're thinking a couple of your aunts might just be very proud of you. :)
- You have started to like to read some books in the morning after you get up. It's very cute. You know exactly which ones you want to read too!
- At night before bathtime you have started to stall a little bit by running up and down the hallway and wanting to read books multiple times! It's almost like you know what comes after bathtime. :)
- You have starred to sign "all done" sometimes when you are done eating or done with a book. I'm not sure where you picked this up (?daycare?) but it's good to know!
- You and your daddy are starting to like to roughhouse a little, you often jump on him and expect him to give you a "horsie ride" or walk around on his shoulders.
- Last but not least, here are your new words in the last month (or at least the ones I remembered to write down)
Ball
Squirrel
Car
Help
Dog
Cracker
"I have cracker"
Frosty
Ketchup
Chick
Blue
Bunny
Cat
Star
L* (a friend)
Toast
Pop (the beverage)
Grandma
Banana
I can't believe you are only two months away from TWO! We love you so much and have so much fun with you everyday!
Love,
Mommy & Daddy
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
2 comments:
Happy 22 months Matthew Allen ! It looks like climbing & standing on chairs ia another "fun" thing to do. I'm glad you like the rouser-you're great auntie's Debi & Becky will indeed be very proud of you! I love you much little guy!
Grandpa H.
xoooxxoxo
So cool how you write down what M is up to every month. A great way to keep track of his milestones!
Post a Comment