Thursday, September 20, 2012

Two point five!







Well, pumpkin, it's hard to believe that you are really two and a half! Now I can't say "two in March" when people ask me how old you are! Even harder to believe is that you're going to be a big brother before you are three! Or maybe even 2.75? Time is flying by and I have been trying extra hard to slow it down and enjoy my time with you as my only child!

So, at two and a half,

- You love to "go"! And this is one of the first things you request just about every morning! You are a great little errand-runner and shopper!

- You have an amazing memory! So good that we usually don't tell you what we're up to (if we are going out of town, etc) until the day of otherwise that's all we hear about until we actually go!

- Your favorite ways of bargaining with us are saying "not yet" or "5 (holding up 5 fingers) minutes" if you aren't quite ready to eat/go inside/take a nap. It is very cute and hard to resist!

- You love giving kisses and will kiss just about anyone if we ask you! Such a loving little guy! You even love to kiss my tummy when we ask you "what's in mommy's tummy?".

- You really are a polite little boy! You always say thank you, please, and your new favorite, "pretty please".

- After maybe a year plus of really being a daddy's boy, you are starting to prefer mom for most things now. I can't say I mind! Although the requests to be carried sometimes aren't all that convenient, I'll take it!

- We bought you a little doll a couple months ago and you enjoy feeding it, burping it, and taking it for walks. We know you are going to be such a great big brother! You have also been telling me that you are having dreams about the baby! You always say its a boy baby so I guess we will see if you're right in a couple months!

- Another new favorite game of yours is hide and seek! Usually before bed on the way upstairs you say "daddy hide!". Then he hides upstairs and you say "boo!" when he jumps out or you find him. It's very cute!

- You are getting to be very independent with some things! You take off your jackets, clothes, and shoes by yourself. You also like clipping in & out of your highchair, changing table, and swing by yourself.

- Your vocabulary has really taken off and you frequently use 2,3,4+ word sentences these days! You are such a chatterbox! You love to know where all your neighborhood friends are and what they are up to. It's very cute!

- Just in the past couple of days you have started to "read" a couple of your favorite books aloud(see picture above). It is so sweet! I have yet to catch it on video but can't wait till I do!

Matthew, we can't imagine our lives without the laughter, fun, and challenges you bring us! You are so much fun at two and a half and we love spending every day with you!

Love always,

Mommy & Daddy

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Little Buddy!
Wow Matthew Allen-you're 2 1/2 already! You are such a joy to me and everyone who's met you. I love you much-have a great weekend!

Grandpa H.
xooxoxxoxo