
Dear Matthew -
Happy Birthday!
Time has flown by in the blink of an eye. I can't believe today is your fifth birthday! Five is a big year, buddy, and I have no doubt you are more than ready!
Here are some things I have jotted down over the past few months about you ...
- You continue to have an amazing memory! You memorize facts, books, songs, and just about anything! As an example, we were visiting Grandma & Grandpa G in February. I told you on Monday morning we were going to see Great-Grandma and you asked where. When I replied "we're going to go to her house and then go out to lunch", you said, "that will be fun, we haven't been to her house since last last Thanksgiving!" (November of 2013!) and you were right!
- You continue to love music and to sing. You usually help Daddy put Daniel to bed and sing him a few songs, usually Baa Baa Black Sheep and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Yes, Christmas songs are still in heavy rotation around here! You also have been singing "do, a deer ... " as this is one of your songs for the spring program at school.
- You continue to love all your guys in your bed. I think the total is up to 11 or 12. You like to count them before bed just to make sure you aren't missing anybody! You like to pile the guys up in just a certain way so you are sure you can cuddle with all of them. So cute! Sometimes too I'll find that you'll have covered up one of them with the giraffe or sleeping bag before getting up.
- A funny story. This fall when Grandpa H was visiting we were driving up to Gooseberry Falls. We had told you to look for deer. You were looking out your window at the lake and I saw a deer out my window and asked you if you had seen it, your response was "no, well, I only have one head!"
- I usually ask you in the mornings if you had any dreams. Sometimes you'll dream about friends at school or an activity we've done recently, but one morning you said, "mommy, I dreamt about cuddling with you". So sweet.
- You are such a big helper, always looking out for ways to help your mom & dad and brother. You now clear the table, put dishes in the dishwasher, and wipe off the table for me pretty regularly. Lucky mom! You are always on the lookout to see what Daniel is up to and you like to be "in charge" of some of the smaller kids in the neighborhood when we play with them.
- You are getting very good at letters, sounds, and sometimes I help you sound out phonetic words when we are reading. It seems to be an interest of yours and I think once you start reading you'll really take off!
- We have just been able to play outside a little bit so far this year and you continue to be one happy guy outside! You love to bike, walk, and play. You are looking forward to soccer again and we are thinking about maybe doing t-ball or tennis too.
- You continue to be very tall and skinny! I'm looking forward to summer to not have to worry about lengths of pants!
Matthew, we love you more than you will ever know! You are the light in our lives and you make us so happy each and every day. You are such a good little boy and you are so sweet, caring, and loving! We hope you have a wonderful birthday!
Love,
Mommy & Daddy
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment